FOMC Meeting Dates 2018
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), is a committee within the Federal Reserve System (the Fed) Its mandate is to oversee the nation’s open market operations (i.e., the Fed’s buying and selling of United States Treasury securities). This Federal Reserve committee makes key decisions about interest rates and the growth of the United States money supply.
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) consists of twelve members, the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and four of the remaining eleven Reserve Bank presidents who serves one year term. The Federal Reserve said their farewell to Janet Yellen who was the 15th Chairwoman of the Federal Reserve from the 3rd of February 2014 – the 3rd of February 2018. Her last meeting was on the 31st of January 2018. The newly appointed Fed Chair, Jerome Powell will be sworn in on Monday the 5th of Fecruary and he is expected to hike the rates in his March meeting.
How To Subscribe To This Blog:
- Enter your email address from the sidebar where it says “SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG” and click “SUBSCRIBE”
- Go to your email to look for a confirmation email (check on your spam folder if you do not find it on inbox)
- Click on that link from email to confirm your subscription and you should start to receive my weekly economic news and weekly blog posts.
To open your Live Account with one of the legit and FSB regulated brokers, choose from these brokers HERE. For further assistance, email me at email@example.com or Whatsapp me on +27 64 510 4132 / +27 76 966 9392 for instant chat. For private lessons, you can email, WhatsApp or enroll HERE. Below is our FOMC annual schedule. We are done with the first one, seven more to go.
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), a committee within the Federal Reserve System (the Fed), is charged under the United States law with overseeing the nation’s open market operations (i.e., the Fed’s buying and selling of United States Treasury securities). This Federal Reserve committee makes key decisions about interest rates and the growth of the United States money supply.
The FOMC is the principal organ of United States national monetary policy. The Committee sets monetary policy by specifying the short-term objective for the Fed’s open market operations, which is usually a target level for the federal funds rate (the rate that commercial banks charge between themselves for overnight loans).
The FOMC also directs operations undertaken by the Federal Reserve System in foreign exchange markets, although any intervention in foreign exchange markets is coordinated with the U.S. Treasury, which has responsibility for formulating U.S. policies regarding the exchange value of the dollar. SOURCE ~Wikipedia.
FOMC Current Board Members
- Janet L Yellen, Chair, Board of Governors
- William C Dudley, Vice Chairman, New York
- Lael Brainard, Board of Governors
- James Bullard, St. Louis
- Stanley Fischer, Board of Governors
- Esther L George, Kansas City
- Loretta J Mester, Cleveland
- Jerome H Powell, Board of Governors
- Eric Rosengren, Boston
- Daniel K Tarullo, Board of Governors
- Charles L Evans, Chicago
- Patrick Harker, Philadelphia
- Robert S Kaplan, Dallas
- Neel Kashkari, Minneapolis
- Michael Strine, New York, First Vice President
Below are the dates for the actual meetings in 2017. You can print them. Please note that you have to confirm your subscription by clicking on the link that is sent to your email soon after you entered your email address and clicked on “Subscribe”. Thank you for stopping by, we are preparing ourselves for all major economic news.